This video from Into the Breach is a great place to start a conversation on the important role of fathers to help lead their wives and children to heaven. https://watch.heroicmen.com/catholic-fatherhood/videos/into-the-breach-episode-4-fatherhood
In this video, Mike Sweeney shares how you can be a spiritual father through humility. What I love about this video is that it reveals that we don't have to be "perfect" to lead our families in prayer and to God. But, men do need to own the responsibility practicing their faith and sharing it with their family. You can make mistakes, as long as you show your children that you turn to God for assistance, for strength, for forgiveness in reconciliation.
Children are 10x's more likely to pursue their faith if fathers set a faithful example. Fathers have so much power to keep their children faithful. Children will imitate their fathers. If you pray, if you go to mass, if you go to confession they will imitate you. If you don't pray, if you don't go to mass then they will imitate that as well.
Take responsibility this week with your children and do one of the following three things this week:
1. Lead your family in prayer after dinner by reading the daily readings from the mass and ask your children to name one person in their life that could use a prayer.
2. Go to confession and bring your family with you. Ask them to pray for you as you go to confession. You are showing them this is an important practice by setting the example.
3. Take your family to mass on a weekday.
4. Start a novena. This will initiate 9 days of prayer and reflection that your family can practice. For instructions on how to pray a novena and to find novenas go here: https://www.praymorenovenas.com/novenas
5. Pray the rosary with your family. You can find instructions on praying the rosary on pages 8 & 9 of the Prayer Toolkit created by Catholic Men's Leadership Alliance: https://www.catholicmenleaders.org/more